Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Thursday, May 25, 2006
- UK Amnesty members and members of the public can send their comments to National Director Kate Allen, either by post to Amnesty International UK, The Human Rights Action Centre, 17-25 New Inn Yard, London, EC2A 3EA, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outside the UK contact your nearest AI branch - check here to find out
- Write letters to your local newspaper to raise awareness about the current debate
Amnesty’s current position on abortion is neutral, it now sees abortion as a human right that should be promoted and protected. It now proposes to actively fight to deny the human rights of unborn children and their inalienable right to life. In taking this step it is turning its back on human rights. Abortion entails the destruction of an innocent unborn child, the weakest and most defenceless member of the human family.
- decriminalisation of abortion,
- access to quality services for the management of complications arising from abortion
- legal, safe and accessible abortion in cases of rape, sexual assault, incest and risk to a woman's life...'"