AIUK has announced some details of its consultation period. A somewhat biased explanatory paper was sent out with the latest edition of the organisation's magazine; in an apparent attempt to appear impartial the paper gave details of links to a couple of anti-abortion websites, but that was pretty much the extent of any concession towards even-handedness. (Interestingly, the main picture on the cover of the magazine was for the current, and now quite ironic, "Save the Human" campaign.)
There will be a questionnaire for members to complete, but that will apparently not be ready until the end of this month. In the meantime, the following dates have been given for regional consultation meetings, you have to book and some of them charge £5 or so. But if at all possible, please do attend. Anyone with any information about the consultation process in other sections, let me know and I'll post them here.
- 30 September Northern Ireland Clanmil Housing, Northern Whig House, Waring Street, Belfast
- 21 October London The Human Rights Action Centre 17 - 25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA
- 28 October East Anglia, Sudbury Sudbury Scout Hall Quay Lane, Sudbury CO10 2AN
- 28 October South West England The University of Exeter The Queens Drive, Exeter EX4 4QJ
- 4 November North West England The Quaker Tapestry Friends Meeting House Stramongate Kendal Cumbria LA9 4BH
- 4 November Scotland Glasgow
- 11 November South England Highfield Church Centre Highfield Lane, Southampton
- 25 November West Midlands Millennium Point Curzon Street Birmingham B4 7XG
- 9 December North East England Leeds
- 27 January 2007 South East Trinity Methodist Centre Lingfield Road East Grinstead West Sussex RH19 2HA
- 27 January 07 South Midlands Aylesbury Vale Multicultural Centre, Friarscroft Way, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 2TE.