Sunday, July 30, 2006

AI UK seems a little coy about all of this

In May I first phoned the Amnesty International offices in London to find out the official position of AI on the issue of abortion. I registered a complaint that as a member I had not been informed of the motions being put to the AI and was told that I should have received information in February 2006: I did not receive that, and I know that other members did not receive their packs, but the Royal Mail has its faults. Anyway the guys at AI were apologetic and told me they would post a pack out to me immediately. I asked them to post to me any other information that they had, as they were most insistent that the press and media reports on AI UK's abortion policy were wrong. I waited...and waited...and waited...a letter and a couple of gentle reminders by phone have still not been fruitful. The wait continues.

No comments: